icedmocha34 recently nominated me for the Liebster Award. I am very excited to receive this nomination because it is my very first award to be nominated for since starting my blog on WordPress. I was asked a series of questions, along with other bloggers who were nominated for this award. So here are the answers below. I recommend that you visit icedmocha34’s blog to see the other nominations! The link is below:
1) What is the one thing about yourself you like best?
My high level of patience that I have developed over time for people and basically any situation in life.
2) What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about?
Human rights violations or issues.
3) Which song always makes you sad? Happy? Feel like dancing?
A song that makes me sad: Stranger in Moscow by Michael Jackson; A song that makes me happy: Summertime by Rachael Lampa; A song that makes me feel like dancing: Brave by Sara Bareilles
4) What’s one of your favorite habits you have?
I am very organized from electronic filing and paper documenting to storing any item I own. Being organized helps me focus on goals I want to accomplish and things I need to do better.
5) Who is your hero and why?
My mother because she has faced a lot of challenges on her own and through it all was always positive and managed to succeed. Whenever I start to doubt I can overcome or achieve things, I think of her and my mindset completely changes.
6) Would you kill an innocent person if you thought it might mean saving a dozen other people?
I could not kill an innocent person even to save a dozen other people—I would not be able to live with myself.
7) Would you rather be hated or forgotten?
I would rather be forgotten. If I cannot be remembered in a good way, I would rather not be remembered at all.
8) If someone were to make a movie about your life, who would you hope would play you?
This was a challenging question to answer since I haven’t watched a lot of movies lately, especially ones with female actors, but for now I will say Cicely Tyson, although an older actress who started her career in the 50s. In all the movies I’ve seen her in, she has always played characters who were peacemakers, which is something I would like to say I am.
9) What flavor gummy bear is your favorite?
10) What is “the usual” when you go to Starbucks?
Well, because I live very close to a Caribou Coffee, I usually get something from there. It is a Pomegranate Oolong Hot Tea. Nothing really fancy 🙂
11) Why do you write and how does it make you feel when you’re scribbling furiously in your favorite notebook with your favorite pen?
I write because that is where I am my true self—where I find my voice and imagination. I am truly free when I am writing.
Thank you icedmocha34 for the nomination 🙂